Piglet and Grandad
Camryn, Ashley, and A.Vernaline
Ashely, Cam and Kynna feeding Rosie
On Friday the girls and I left with Dad to go visit family in Taylor,TX. We went to stay with Aunt Vernaline(she is my dads Aunt and my great Aunt). We also went on a train ride from Cedar Park to Bertram. The girls so enjoyed this, we even rode in cousin Burt's caboose. Burt is a retired conductor and owns his own caboose and car. He is able to hook it up and take family and friends on rides. The ride was fun and the view was beautiful. I've lived in TX all my life but there is nothing prettier than Spring in TX. The girls enjoyed looking out the back of the caboose, eating cookies and jelly beans at the depot stop in Bertram, and literally swinging from the rafters of the caboose. I have more train pictures however they are on the disposable camera I had to purchase last minute (darn camera batteries).I'll post them later.
The girls also met some cousins close to their age Ashley and Wesley. They are two of A. Vernaline's youngest grandchildren. Camryn and Makynna both enjoyed playing with them and their 4wk old puppies. As you can imagine the girls loved the puppies most of all. The joke the whole weekend was that they would probably sneak one or two into their bags for the trip home.
Luckily it didn't happen.
Aunt Vernaline also has cows, a horse, and a dog named "Baby". The girls enjoyed seeing all the animals. I however enjoyed her beautiful flower garden and the home cooked meals. YUMMY!!!
It also worked out that we were there in time to see another cousins sows having babies. WOW, was this an experience. We watched the process and the girls weren't scared at all. They even got to hold a piglet that was a few hours old.
Their's not much more to say except that we enjoyed ourselves and we are happy to be home.
1 comment:
Wow... you guys had a lot going on over Spring Break!!! It looks like the girls had lots of fun.
Post a Comment